GENERAL CARD USE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As of October 2013
What is it?
The LIU•JO gift card is a prepaid card created by Liu•Jo for its clients, who may use for their purchases or as a gift for relatives and friends.
How to get it
The GIFT CARD is available in all Liu•Jo stores participating in the initiative (the list of stores is available at http://www.liujo.com/de/giftcard).
One or more GIFT CARDS may be purchased at the counter of participating stores; each card must be activated by depositing a minimum € 50.00 amount either in cash or by means of any other payment method accepted by the store.
The Client shall receive a purchase receipt stating the deposited amount, which they will have to keep. From now on the card is ready to be used. The back of the card reads the date of issue and the issuing store where the card may be used and states that the card is valid for a year.
The GIFT CARD is a scalable prepaid bearer card accepted in the participating Liu•Jo stores for exclusively private and non-commercial use.
1. The GIFT CARD may be used solely and exclusively in the participating store that issued it.
2. The deposited amount may not be transferred to any other CARDS whatsoever, nor can they be converted into cash. The GIFT CARD does not entitle to any cash change.
3. The GIFT CARD is valid for 3 years starting from the activation date reported at the back of the card.
4. The GIFT CARD may be used up in a single purchase, hence it may be used for one single purchase for a minimum value equal to the amount deposited on the same GIFT CARD, until the credit is completely spent; alternatively, it may be used for multiple purchases.
5. At every purchase the credit will be reduced according to the amount spent using the GIFT CARD. The GIFT CARD balance may be printed out separately or requested to the store staff, which will check and verbally notify the residual credit.
6. If the value of the GIFT CARD is insufficient to purchase the desired items, the outstanding amount must be paid in cash or by means of any other payment method accepted by the store.
7. Upon the expiry date, the GIFT CARD may no longer be used, nor will the bearer be entitled to any form of residual credit refund.
8. The GIFT CARD is a bearer card and has the same value as cash: if it should be lost, stolen or damaged, the card may not be blocked and LIU•JO will by no means be held liable for its misuse, theft, loss or damage. In case of theft, damage making the barcode – or the numeric code matched to it – impossible to scan, the LIU•JO GIFT CARD will not be replaced nor refunded.
9. Those GIFT CARDS that were tampered with, altered or bearing details and elements different from those described herein will not be accepted, nor will hand-written amendments.
10. Any complaints regarding the use of the GIFT CARD may be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, or by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt sent to LIU•JO spa, Uff. Customer Care, Viale Fleming 17, 41012 Carpi (MO).
12. Any controversy arising in connection with the use of the GIFT CARD will be subject to the Italian law.
Liu Jo S.p.a.
Viale J.A. Fleming 17
41012 Carpi MO
P.Iva e C.F. 02322360369